top of page



Prospective Student

Do I need to audition to be a theatre major?


There's is no audition required to declare a theater major. Once you are accepted to Hunter, all you need to do is fill out a major declaration form with our adviser, Louisa Thompson. Contact her to set-up an appointment at lthomp@hunter.cuny.eduTo schedule an appointent online, click here.

How do I apply to Hunter?


Applications for Hunter College are processed through the admissions offices. Here are some helpful links to get you started:


Undergraduate Admissions

You can contact Undergraduate Admissions at (212) 772-4490 or or click here to visit their website.

Graduate Admissions

Click here to see the admission requirements for each of our programs.

How much is tuition?

Here is a quick breakdown of tuition by program:

New York State Resident

  • Undergraduate Tuition - $3,465/semester

  • Graduate Tuition - $5,545/semester

Out of State Resident

  • Undergraduate Tuition - $620/credit

  • Graduate Tuition - $855/credit

Click here to use CUNY's Tuition Calculator.

What is financial aid, and how do I know if I qualify?


Often the toughest part of a college education is paying for it. Many students and families mistakenly think they don’t qualify for aid, so they don't apply. We know the application can be intimidating, but don't let that stop you from getting financial support. As a state school CUNY has access to a number of financial aid programs including:

  • Federal Grants

  • Federal Work-Study

  • New York State Aid

  • Scholarships

  • Loans

  • Summer Funding

  • Special Programs

You can start the financial aid process right now by filling out your FAFSA. Hunter's school code: 002689


You must be admitted and enrolled at Hunter College to actually receive funds. 

Tuition & Financial Aid
bottom of page